Talk

Advanced search

Piles - making me hate the world and everything in it!

(15 Posts)
FlooOOOooomplet Fri 27-Oct-17 22:25:57

TMI ALERT 🚨

Help!! I have the worst piles ever and I’m in so much pain I could cry. I have been suffering from constipation due to a side effect of a medication I’m taking for Hyperemesis Gravidarum (13wks pregnant). When I managed to “go” last week I thought my bowels were coming out also and now I have massive grape sized piles that are causing me so much pain 😩 I’ve been applying germaloids cream 4 times per day. But I’m slightly constipated again now even though I’ve been taking senna and movicol and I’m scared what I’m going to do to my body next time I have to “go” - is it even possible for your bowels to fall out?! It feels like they might... any tip tips? Am I going to need an operation?

Mushroomburger17 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:30:32

I had awful ones this summer. It took two weeks for them to er retreat. This too shall pass. Try not to stress out. Do what you can: lots of fluid, walking etc. It will all be ok.

ElChan03 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:33:17

Lots of drinks and some suppository meds only thing that helped me

FlooOOOooomplet Fri 27-Oct-17 22:33:23

This is going to be a lot of info that I appreciate you didn’t ask for - but when I walk it kind of “chafes” and causes even more pain!! Did you have that?

Baileystruffle Fri 27-Oct-17 22:34:55

I would eat masses of fruit and veg, drink loads and loads of water and apple juice. Stay off white carbs. That should really help.

If it gets really bad go to the doctor.

Piles do go again, I had them for a while then they vanished again.

FlooOOOooomplet Fri 27-Oct-17 22:36:41

Yes I’ve tried to up my fruit intake but have been living of white carbs because I’m struggling to stomach much at the moment with the sickness. This pregnancy has been a load of crap so far and I can’t see it getting any better as I get bigger. Roll on May!!

Longdistance Fri 27-Oct-17 22:39:53

Ice into the piles should shrink them.

I had diclofenac prescribed to me to stop the swelling, but as you’re pg it may not be recommended.

Exercise is amazing to get those bowels moving too. Long walks and loads of water.

Annieshop Fri 27-Oct-17 22:42:03

When you’ve ‘been’ run wedges of loo paper under the cold tap - the
colder the better and gently press on the piles - to shrink them back. Numbs them a bit too.
Be prepared to do it a few times and flush the loo regularly or you’ll
end up with that blocked as well.

Annieshop Fri 27-Oct-17 22:44:11

Meant to say Epsom baths or foot soaks/spray will help constipation along with the other stuff you’re taking too.

FlooOOOooomplet Fri 27-Oct-17 22:48:32

<waddles off to make some bum wedges>

MayorGoodway Fri 27-Oct-17 22:49:24

On ondansatron by any chance?! Evil stuff but the only thing that kept me off a drop with DD2. I ended up using bisocodol to be able to go as I couldn’t tolerate movicol (or food!)
Have you tried the spray on Germaloids? I found it easier to not have to touch them!
flowers hope you feel better soon

Alabasterangel6 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:49:45

Glycerin suppositories?

MayorGoodway Fri 27-Oct-17 22:50:08

Drip not drop, stupid phone!

MayorGoodway Fri 27-Oct-17 22:51:48

Oh and if you get some ice pole lollies and wrap them in kitchen paper they are really good to use to numb the area

ThatWasNotLove Fri 27-Oct-17 23:14:45

Not sure if it’ll feel weird or not but what about vaseline on them to stop the chafing?

They were the absolute worst thing about pregnancy for me.

I tried something the second time round and didn’t get them but not sure if it was a fluke.

TMI alert! First I drank LOADS. Was eating lots of fibre anyway. Second I didn’t strain AT ALL on the loo. Wait for it..I just imagined the poo coming down and kind of willed it gently along, but I didn’t push. If it didn’t come I didn’t push. Eventually it would. As it was coming out I breathed it out so no pushing then either, especially at the moment where the body just wanted to push. And not even a hint of a hemorrhoid, even though I was on nearly 3 months bed rest so couldn’t exercise at all.

It was good practice for the delivery too...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: