Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Recovery after gallstone bladder removal

(6 Posts)
chaplin1409 Fri 27-Oct-17 15:22:11

Hi
I have been given a date for my gallbladder removed and I was wondering what other people's recovery was like afterwards, just so I have an idea of what to expect.

trinity0097 Sat 28-Oct-17 06:33:56

Back to work fully after 2 weeks, couldn’t drive for about 7-9 days, needed really comfy clothes after with a loose waistband

dahliaaa Sat 28-Oct-17 12:59:20

Hi I had mine done a week ago today.
Very sore for a few days but peppermint tea and light walking really helped with the post surgery gas pain you get.
Didn't take any painkillers yesterday.

Aquamarine1029 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:00:39

I was up and about like normal 2 days later. Was a bit sore but that's to be expected. No heavy lifting for about 2 weeks, but other than that it was a breeze.

Gormless Sat 28-Oct-17 21:39:14

Didn't feel up to much for the first couple of days afterwards (though nor was I in much pain: just tired from the anasthetic and a bit sore at the incision sites). Back to work- a desk job- within ten days. Really straightforward: very glad I had it done.

chaplin1409 Sat 28-Oct-17 22:04:31

Thank you for the responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now