Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help! Advice on accidental paracetamol overdose

(7 Posts)
Bananamanfan Fri 27-Oct-17 09:45:14

I've just discovered i took a double dose of paracetamol 2 days ago. I had a migraine on Wednesday and took ibuprofen (i thought) & paracetamol. Still feeling unwell today, feeling like water infection, went to ibuprofen box & discovered a strip of paracetamol in there.
I'm sure on Wednesday i took these thinking they were the ibuprofen as I remember thinking that they usually have a smoother surface.
Do I need to seek gp advice?

dementedpixie Fri 27-Oct-17 11:58:48

Did you go over the 24 hour limit of paracetamol. I wouldn't worry about a one off double dose but maybe someone more informed will advise you

JohnHunter Fri 27-Oct-17 12:52:38

A single 2g dose of paracetamol (instead of 1g) 2 days ago? I don't think this is likely to worry anyone. Give 111 a call if you are still feeling unwell.

EduCated Fri 27-Oct-17 12:59:58

I have found 111 to be very helpful for advice in a similar situation.

Greycat11 Fri 27-Oct-17 13:05:12

Phone 111. I also had something similar once and they were great. They asked me questions about my weight (one occasion when being overweight counted in my favour) so they can double check if it's ok.

Bananamanfan Fri 27-Oct-17 13:05:54

Thanks all, phoned 111 and nothing to worry about, hadn't gone over 24 hr limit. Moved paracetamol back to correct packet, not sure whether to blame dh or ds1 for that, but won't conduct an enquiry.

DeleteOrDecay Fri 27-Oct-17 13:14:36

I have taken a double dose of paracetamol on purpose before (for bad period pain), never thought anything of it. I’d only worry if you went over the recommended daily dose age but I’m glad your mind has been put at rest now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now