Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Kids nutritional advice?

(7 Posts)
HealthConsciousMum Wed 25-Oct-17 17:06:31

Hello......

I'm looking for some advice on how to provide the right nutrition for my kids. I have a boy and a girl that are both Primary School age.

I've read that cognitive and bone health are important, but what else should I be focusing on to ensure they're getting a well rounded diet?

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Harriet

bruffin Wed 25-Oct-17 17:10:00

Honestly I really wouldnt trust mumsnet for nutritional advice.

TweeBee Wed 25-Oct-17 17:15:37

The NHS website should have good healthy eating tips and advice on a balanced diet. It will be evidence based too.

NerrSnerr Wed 25-Oct-17 17:17:28

I agree with the NHS being a really good source for this. You’ll get really conflicting advice on Mumsnet.

HealthConsciousMum Wed 25-Oct-17 17:32:56

That makes a lot of sense. Do you know of any good articles, as I'm a bit intimidated by the amount of content on their website?

shewolfmum Wed 25-Oct-17 22:00:50

Have a look at BANT their nutritional advise is in my opinion better than nhs and they have a good food plate. We go for loads of veg...hidden and exposed! Organic meat....fish...minimal grains. Very little sugar with exception of fruit and some dried fruit. We also take multi vit...and mag 365. Nothing pre done really...fast food here is fish rolled in ground almonds!

TweeBee Thu 26-Oct-17 07:34:25

There are different sections depending on age but from here you can find info on this age group, including if your child is under or overweight.
Hope this helps.
https://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/Childhealth6-15/Pages/Childhealth615home.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now