Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anxiety

(2 Posts)
Willing2acceptAdvice Wed 25-Oct-17 14:24:06

Hi,

I suffer from anxiety. I have done for a little while now. My anxiety seems to be around my age and having children and being an older dad.

My anxiety seems to pushes me into think about the worst case scenarios which only makes me worse physically.

I want to have children but my relationship is on the rocks. I have doubts about it and wish that I didn’t. I want it to work but seem to be focused on this thought process that something is wrong and that I could do better.

Is this just my anxiety playing games with my mind? Is this a common thought process which pushes you into thinking that you could do better and what are you missing out on?

Your advice would be great fully appreciated.

almaholl Thu 26-Oct-17 00:31:21

Hi,

I don’t think it matters what age you have children. I was always thinking “bows not the right age being in my 20s, now I’m in my 30s I’m anxious about having another “is it too late? Will it be too hard? Can our relationship survive a second?”

Is your anxiety around anything else or just that? It can be helpful to do some excessive such as limiting thoughts and other anxiety CBT (Internet has lots of examples).

However if it is calling into question your relationship. Then it may be wise having a discussion with your partner first?
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now