Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How can I regulate my period??

(11 Posts)
mushmallow Wed 25-Oct-17 06:08:27

I rely so heavily on the combined pill for this but despite several tries of brands it gives me massive headaches. I'm now in my pill free week and I'm not going to start a new packet.

Each time I've been off the pill, my periods have never been regular and it's driven me insane.

I have two daughters with no intention of ttc, I just want a clockwork cycle.

My periods are anywhere from 22-28 days pre-pill and I expect the same this time. Not wildly irregular no, but enough to be annoying with the waiting around to come on.

Is there anything else non hormonal to try to regulate myself?

(Other hormonal things are a no go, mirena and cerazette were god awful).

lljkk Wed 25-Oct-17 06:40:00

Vitamin B6 made mine go from irregular to regular. I had a dose that is considered dangerous in UK but fine in USA. Not taken forever... for 3 months? You could research yourself.

RockyBayEve Wed 25-Oct-17 06:44:45

Mirena

shouldwestayorshouldwego Wed 25-Oct-17 06:49:25

Acupuncture?

ProseccoOnAGecko Wed 25-Oct-17 06:56:58

Agnus Castus

DubiousCredentials Wed 25-Oct-17 06:58:47

Agnus castus worked for me.

comfyshoelady Wed 25-Oct-17 07:01:28

Black cohosh and evening primrose oil.

MaverickSnoopy Wed 25-Oct-17 07:28:59

Not what you were asking but I had headaches on the combined pill and was taken off because apparently headaches are a dangerous side effect, I think to do with dvt - I could be totally wrong. I would certainly see the doctor so they can discuss with you and put on your medical record if relevant.

mushmallow Wed 25-Oct-17 07:49:21

How do you take Agnus cactus? Every day? First 10 days of cycle? Last 5 days?

DubiousCredentials Wed 25-Oct-17 07:54:07

I only took it up to ovulation (or 14 days I suppose) as was ttc at the time but it worked just doing that. This was 11yrs ago so I’ve forgotten the finer points!

ProseccoOnAGecko Wed 25-Oct-17 08:56:57

I don’t know the details I’m afraid, a friend of mine used to take it and described it as nature’s version of the pill. I’ve heard of black cohosh too, I think another friend took it during the menopause when she became very hormonal. Might be worth seeing a homeopath

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now