Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeding peg

(3 Posts)
Loopyloo97 Mon 23-Oct-17 21:32:35

My 82 year old mother has delirium/dementia and in hospital she's refusing to eat so has an ng tube which she keeps knocking out .. This has been going on for a couple of weeks , She has been in hospital nearly nine weeks with little improvement . A peg was briefly mentioned but we really don't want to go down this route . Has anyone got an experience if this of advice please?

retirednow Mon 23-Oct-17 21:48:53

Why don't you want her to have a peg. Has your mum had a capacity assessment, do you have health and welfare power of attorney. What do the doctors and dietician suggest, what a difficult situation. There are clips that attach to ng tubes so that they can't be pulled out.

clairethewitch70 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:57:43

My DF had a peg tube fitted. If she keeps removing an NG tube this will be a better option for her. If you have any questions I will try to help as I was a carer for my dad and he lived with me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now