Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gallbladder was stuck to liver - what does that mean?

(6 Posts)
dahliaaa Sun 22-Oct-17 20:37:23

I was v groggy for a while after op and couldn't really string a sentence together never mind ask any sensible questions when the dr came round blushconfused

He said that my gallbladder had been stuck to my liver in parts. Does anyone know if this is significant or has any implications long term or on recovery ?

Thanks!

trinity0097 Sun 22-Oct-17 22:02:49

I imagine it was just very badly infected causing the attachments. Mine was and I recovered very quickly. Just means it’s harder to remove it from you.

dahliaaa Sun 22-Oct-17 22:34:51

Thanks trinity
I ended up staying overnight because of sickness etc.
How did your recovery go ? V sore tonight but had been expecting that

trinity0097 Mon 23-Oct-17 06:55:31

Took about 10 days to be back driving and back at work after 2weeks, but was ready to go back a bit sooner but work wouldn’t have me!

All perfect now!

mehimthem Mon 23-Oct-17 07:05:39

I had my gallbladder out a few months ago & pre-surgery had asked what the process involved & my surgeon told me that my/your GB is stuck onto the lower side of your liver & needs to be (carefully) sliced off - without cutting into or damaging your liver. I had always thought a GB just hung around in there a bit like your appendix & could just be chopped off!! Maybe yours was tricky to remove in places & more time was needed to ensure no damage to your liver - was it a laporascopic (sp) surgery too?

dahliaaa Mon 23-Oct-17 10:11:03

Thanks for the extra detail:-)
Yes it was keyhole.

Feel quite weepy / flat today. Think it's prob after effects of GA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now