Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this normal for a corn? (contains toe pic SORRY)

(6 Posts)
Maxsaidno Sun 22-Oct-17 20:04:30

Have got a recurring corn on my toe, never been more than just an annoyance, sometimes needs to be wrapped in a plaster. But it's always just been hard skin, now it's discoloured and looks a bit like a mole - the brown colour was never there before. Is this normal?! Any wisdom appreciated. Thanks...

Supermagicsmile Mon 23-Oct-17 21:54:18

Go to your gp and get it checked.

PurplePillowCase Mon 23-Oct-17 22:00:17

looks like an ulcer. is it painfull?
how is your blood sugar?
you need to ditch your shoes and switch to birkenstocks sensible shoes.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 23-Oct-17 23:05:22

I get the same corn just a bit higher up on that same toe. I think the coloured bit is its “core”. A podiatrist sorted mine out, and now I just kind of file it down once a week with a smooth foot file as it regenerates at a remarkable rate - the podiatrist said the more cheese grater type ones rough the skin up and make them worse.

Fairylea Tue 24-Oct-17 10:41:27

I would get that checked just incase it’s a mole that’s gone a bit weird. Probably nothing to worry about though.

Maxsaidno Tue 24-Oct-17 20:34:28

Thanks for the replies, really helpful.
I saw a pharmacist who suggested I Bazuka it (?!) but I'm a bit worried that's too hardcore so I'm going for his second suggestion of using a corn plaster and having a dig around once the skin's softened. Hmmm.
Hopefully it's nothing and yes the pp point around wearing more sensible shoes applies and has been noted..!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now