Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Irregular monthly bleeding since having a child

(3 Posts)
squirrelonapetridish Sat 21-Oct-17 20:24:33

My dd is now 3 but since having her my periods have been very different. They're not at all regular and can start very lightly and then almost dissappear again, only to come on again quite heavy. Is this normal? It can be quite frustrating as they're difficult to keep track of when they're like this. So I never know when to chart my first day of actual bleeding. Have also been having anxiety /depression with pmt on some months and not others. Just want to know if this sounds normal or if I should go to the doctors?

Eleast Sat 21-Oct-17 23:39:15

I’m in a similar situation, DS is 15 months and my periods have been back just under a year and they are irregular and last sometimes 10 days. First half is lighter than light then bam it goes heavy for a few days then medium on and off. I went to the dr the first one said stress and the second one thinks I have PCOS and being on the pill before having kids was masking it. My bloods were all normal but waiting for a scan. I’d get it checked just to put your mind at rest

squirrelonapetridish Sun 22-Oct-17 08:20:26

Great, thanks I will do. Hope yours gets sorted out and hopefully it's just down to stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now