Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Thyroid and afternoon fatigue

(10 Posts)
StewardsEnquiry Sat 21-Oct-17 18:25:24

I posted this on autoimmune topic but no answers so far.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how I can adjust my medication to help with tiredness in the afternoon?

I was diagnosed with autoimmune thyroid problems about 2 years ago. I have my TFTs checked every 6 months minimum and my TSH is well suppressed. I've also had my T3 checked and that was fine so I don't seem to have any problems with converting.

In a morning I feel pretty okay but late afternoon and evenings are a write off.

Has anyone had this and have any tips on what to do to improve it?

PissedOffNeighbour Sat 21-Oct-17 18:30:16

Are you in thyroxine, what dose and when do you take it?

Surfingwhippet Sat 21-Oct-17 18:30:31

I have this. I put it down to adrenal insufficiency rather than the thyroid gland. Interesting.

Sorry i have no answers, I've been like it for the last 17 years and haven't found an answer. Although it's worse if i sit down and relax.

AuntyElle Sat 21-Oct-17 18:36:40

It would be worth posting on healthunlocked.com/thyroiduk as there is a lot of expertise there.

StewardsEnquiry Sat 21-Oct-17 18:38:17

Yes I'm on thyroxine. I have also been checked for adrenal insufficiency - it's not that.

Thanks for the top about thyroiduk - will take a look there too.

PissedOffNeighbour Sat 21-Oct-17 18:46:02

Conventional medicine doesn't recognise adrenal fatigue though.

I would also recommend the thyroid uk HealthUnlocked forum.

StewardsEnquiry Sun 22-Oct-17 08:44:40

What is adrenal fatigue?

4yoniD Sun 22-Oct-17 08:49:36

I changed to taking my thyroxine in the evening after reading an article about it. I ended up with Massive problems falling asleep. So I'm not recommending that per se!!! But had you thought about adjusting when you take your meds till slightly later?

PissedOffNeighbour Sun 22-Oct-17 08:53:07

Here is more info on adrenal fatigue:
adrenalfatigue.org

Hamonrye Sun 22-Oct-17 10:47:21

Hello, I have autoimmune thyroid problems too. Do you know what your FT4 is?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: