Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vibrating/rippling feeling upper abdomen

(9 Posts)
AntiHop Sat 21-Oct-17 14:55:20

I've made an appointment with my GP but it's a 5 week wait shock

Yesterday I started getting this discomfort in my chest like I swallowed a large object. I could breathe normally.

Over the last few days I've also started feeling this strange vibrating/rippling feeling in my upper abdomen. Central, just where below my bra. It comes and goes, and also happens after I cough (got a cold). It feels a bit like the feeling on your feet when a train or vehicles lives nearby, except not in my feet!

Any ideas?

LoisSangersVoice Sat 21-Oct-17 15:03:28

Chest discomfort could be any number of things. Worth seeing GP about. If it gets better, however, and it's just the weird vibrate-y feeling that carries on...I wouldn't bother a GP with that. Just file it under "weird body thing".

If you are better in 5 weeks, please ring up and cancel your appointment, don't just not turn up. smile

Tuvix Sat 21-Oct-17 16:36:37

I would be wondering about abdominal aortic aneurysm, best to get checked if it continues.

AntiHop Sat 21-Oct-17 21:40:09

Thanks both. Don't think it is an abdominal aortic aneurysm, as that's described as a pulsating, which this is not. Luckily I've got none of the risk factors for it.

NumberEightyOne Sat 21-Oct-17 21:42:20

I've had this and I think that with me it was linked to the menopause.

AntiHop Sat 21-Oct-17 22:25:36

I am 40 so probably not menopausal yet number but not unheard of at 40. Did your doctor do any tests or give you a diagnosis?

sadie9 Sat 21-Oct-17 22:56:25

Have you been coughing a lot with the cold? Could you have pulled a muscle or something else related to the coughing I wonder.

NumberEightyOne Sun 22-Oct-17 07:27:19

I developed other symptoms of the menopause. The vibrating was the first symptom, followed by racing heartbeat. It was very peculiar.

Backingvocals Sun 22-Oct-17 16:22:38

I get this in my lower throat. Vibrating sensation.

Also a rippling around my bra line when I, eg, am lying in bed and reach forward.

No reason as far as I can see but it does coincide with menopause onset for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now