Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flank pain

(9 Posts)
Missmiller Sat 21-Oct-17 12:31:24

Hi all, I went to gp yesterday as I’d been having cystitis symptoms eg blood in Urine, pain when urinating. Anyway I was prescribed 3 days with of trimethoprim. So far I have taken 3 out of the 6 tables, so half way through course. Today, I have quite significant and constant pain on my upper back, under my ribs. No fever, just a throbbing pain in that area. I’m concerned I have a kidney infection but surely I would have a temperature?? Any advice please?

loveyoutothemoon Sat 21-Oct-17 14:36:55

You can be achy with cystitis but not sure if you're throbbing pain is normal with it. It's a bit concerning that it's around the kidney area. Have you checked your temp? Even if it's about 38C it's classed as a high temp. I'd ring 111 and ask them.

Missmiller Sat 21-Oct-17 14:47:47

My temperature is normal. Just bad ache around left kidney area. Not sure it warrants another Appointment seeing as I’m on antibiotics. Won’t they clear an infection?

CMH123 Sat 21-Oct-17 16:16:20

Get an apppointment organised asap, Trimethropin only covers water infections, not when it's moved higher up to kidneys. Same as Macrobid.

Don't mess around with this, I have a complex renal history and it's just plsin nasty if it escalates.

Missmiller Sat 21-Oct-17 18:04:49

My query is should I go just with pain. No other symptoms, no increase in temp. Good appetite. Just don’t want to waste dr time.

CMH123 Sat 21-Oct-17 23:14:25

Yes, pain is telling you that something is wrong.

Missmiller Sun 22-Oct-17 09:41:20

Pain is a lot worse today. have managed to get a doc appointment later on this afternoon. Now got mild fever.

Missmiller Sun 22-Oct-17 14:10:36

Glad I went as it’s a kidney infection x

CMH123 Sun 22-Oct-17 17:23:06

Pleased you've seen someone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now