Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

achilles tendonitis pregnancy

(4 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Fri 20-Oct-17 08:59:43

Ive had pretty bad pain around the back of my ankle for the past 5 or so days. Some days worse than others and then yesterday I barely noticed it. Today however it's agony and radiating up my calf muscle again. On and off it's red and slightly puffy looking.

I suspect it's to do with my achilles heel,
tendonitis perhaps?

I can't get to my GP today, but I wonder if a minor injury clinic could assess me?

In my mind minior injury clinics are for sports injuries etc.. But I honestly can't pin point any activity that started the pain. It was just there one day. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have gained 11+lbs so perhaps it's the weight gain that's caused it?

OnNaturesCourse Fri 20-Oct-17 13:09:17

Bump

JohnHunter Fri 20-Oct-17 23:59:43

It could be Achilles tendinitis in which case "rest" would be (more or less) the only advice they could offer.

A more pressing concern is whether calf pain/swelling in a pregnant woman could be caused by a deep vein thrombosis. It is probably worth calling 111 and taking their advice regarding what services are available locally, e.g. out of hours GP, urgent care centre, A&E, etc. You should be assessed by someone, though.

OnNaturesCourse Sat 21-Oct-17 20:07:25

Hey

Thanks. It's eased a little with being strapped up and rested. Think it's definitely tendon/muscle related, hurts upon moving/touching.

Will see how it goes over the weekend, or if it gets worse I'll go to A&E.

It's a odd pain but it's not spread so I'm hoping it's nothing like DVT or anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now