Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

my eyes seem to change color

(8 Posts)
arshsunny Thu 19-Oct-17 19:28:23

Can anyone please tell me what is the color of my eyes sometimes it appears green and summertimes it appears light yellow

Fekko Thu 19-Oct-17 19:30:54

Are you trying to hypnotise us? They look pale green to me with a dark ring on the outer edge. I guess the colour of the turban will effect how they look.

Funko Thu 19-Oct-17 19:33:33

I have grey eyes and they also change colour to deep blue or green. Depending on... erm I dunno, my mood, hormones... the moon?

I’m sure it’s a ‘thing’

I’d quite like to be able to do it ‘at will’

Sorry not much help grin

AfterSchoolWorry Thu 19-Oct-17 19:34:39

Gold/green! Lovely!

Fekko Thu 19-Oct-17 19:37:43

Eyes do change colour. Mine changed at some time between small childhood and late teens. I only realised when I was looking at old photos and commented that my eyes looked really dark in a colour pic, then mum told me that they were actually a different colour when I was little. My sisters change often now.

doozeldog Thu 19-Oct-17 19:42:01

Ohh what lovely eyes you have!

Fekko Thu 19-Oct-17 19:42:23

All the better for seeing you with...

Didactylos Thu 19-Oct-17 19:54:41

reasonably common, my DH and son have blue/grey/green eyes that can change depending on the light they are in and on the colours that are in the environment around them

Will attempt a simplified explanation of the melanin distribution of different coloured eyes and why hazel/green ones are so prone to appearing different colours, but it gets a bit involved so might be worth you searching up about eye colouration genetics etc

Brown eyes have a large proportion of melanin, the coloured pigment, in the iris, blue/grey have little melanin
Hazel eyes/green eyes will have some variable amount of melanin within the iris but, the green or blue hues come from the visual effect of the scattering of light in the stroma (the fibrous tissue bundles you see radiating out from your pupil). This effect is called Tyndall scattering, and occurs when light passes through transparent matter and is scattered by particles smaller than the wavelength of visible light: similar to the phenomenon Rayleigh scattering which produces the blue colouration of the sky.

So the hazel/green eye color is caused primarily by interference effects rather than by pigment, and they can vary depending on the lighting conditions in a way that dark brown and blue eyes do not.

loving the turbans btw, think the red one does the most drama for your eyes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now