Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Groin pain and period?

(3 Posts)
AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 19-Oct-17 09:28:55

Probably tmi but I came on last night before bed, inserted a tampon and didn't think anything of it. This morning when I woke up I have what I can only describe as groin strain on my right hand side, it eases slightly if I sit on that side with my knees up and my feet facing left, but I'm working so can't sit in that position really. I haven't moved suddenly or unusually, and discovered the pain on waking - was lying on my left side when I woke up.

I have in the past had painful periods but the pain was more in my belly and back. This is a new one and seems inexplicable. I've tried feminax ultra but they haven't touched the pain. I have switched from tampons to pads this morning in case it is linked to the tampon but I can't see how as I've been using them for years. I think I'm perimenopausal - my periods have been getting much lighter and only lasting a day or so, I've been having hot flushes and balance issues. I've had miscarriages in the past and whilst the pain was indescribable it's nothing like this so I don't think it can be that.

Anyone got any clue what this could be?

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 19-Oct-17 10:01:17

Hopeful bump

allypally999 Fri 20-Oct-17 08:41:31

I have had huge and painful lumps in my groin at hormonal times - they are nothing to worry about and usually only last a week or two at most. Check for lumps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now