Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Questions for anyone who has used Ovestin

(3 Posts)
AliPfefferman Wed 18-Oct-17 16:54:00

I'm only 39 and not menopausal, but I've had symptoms of vaginal atrophy to varying degrees for a few years now, mainly vaginal pain, itching, and severe dryness. It's been months since I've been able to have sex with my lovely, patient DH. My GP has referred me to a gynaecologist and in the meantime she has prescribed Ovestin. I'm to use it every night for two weeks, then 2x per week after that.

I'm very anxious to start the Ovestin. The problem is I'm leaving Sunday for a week in Spain with DH and the DCs, and I'm nervous that the cream will be leaking out and making it uncomfortable/awkward to wear a bathing costume. Should I wait to start it until I get back?

Also, has anyone had success with Ovestin for similar issues?

Thanks for any info!

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Wed 18-Oct-17 19:26:28

You use it out at night, it is only a small amount and delivered up high with the applicator, I certainly never got any leaking out.You could ask for Vagifem, they are tiny pessaries inserted with an applicator and in my opinion better....but who gave them that name needs pulling up on ithmm

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Wed 18-Oct-17 19:26:58

Only at night is what I meant to say!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: