Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rectocele

(4 Posts)
Kaylasmum49 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:08:49

I have a rectocele, not sure how long I've had it but noticed it about 2 years ago. I don't have too much of a problem with it but I am aware of it, more so when needing a bowel movement.

I have noticed that I can sometimes feel stool in the bulge in my vagina and was wondering if that's normal with a rectocele.

When I spoke to my go about it has was quite dismissive. I have health anxiety and he has little patience with me.

Any replies will be great.

Kaylasmum49 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:44:36

Anyone? My anxiety is really ramping up

user1490806299 Wed 18-Oct-17 17:33:51

I went recently to see gp with rectocele style problems. I told what problems I had and then she did internal examination. She said that I have mild rectocele and referred me to community incontinence centre for more detailed examination and treatment if required. I haven't had the appointment yet so I don't know what it entails.

Kaylasmum49 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:46:48

Thanks for replying,

Have you had the rectocele for a while? Do you mind me asking how old you are? I'm 51 and have had 5 children, i'm also about 4 stone overweight which I assume are all factors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now