Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Threadworms remain post two lots of ovex

(6 Posts)
Reastie Wed 18-Oct-17 12:22:58

Help!

I definitely had threadworms three weeks ago. We all ovexed and I changed all bedding/cleaned and dusted and hoovered. We all had pants in bed, new pjs daily, and I changed bedding twice a week. I also put on sudocream at night and for the first week washed the area first thing in the morning. I was only ever the one who definitely had them, dd and dh never had any symptoms but we treated regardless.

Seemed to improve but did a second dose after two weeks anyway. On the day we took second dose bedsheets changed etc but then pretty much went back to normal.

It's just over a week after second ovex dose and the itching has returned for the few days days after seemingly improving. I don't know for sure they have returned, I haven't actively seen any, in just assuming return if the same symptoms means they are back. It definitely feels to same.

Can/should I reovex? What successful things have people done in this situ?

thanks

BhajiAllTheWay Thu 19-Oct-17 22:11:28

Sounds like reinfection. It's very common, no one admits it though! Some people are very prone to them however hygienic you are, so don't panic. We've had them loads, but never ever had nits! You can take the ovex again along with family as they may be symptomless but have them. We have used combantrin which seems to work better ( can order online). TMI alert.blush.you can manually remove the little f#ckers with gloves and sudocrem. Hope you feel better soon.

Reastie Fri 20-Oct-17 09:46:31

Thanks bhaji. I still haven't actually seen any which is making me stress if I'm imagining it or not but I'm definitely getting what feels like the same symptoms. I did the sellotape test a couple of days ago and left it on for an hour and didn't pick up anything. I'm going to give it another day or so of hunting for actual proof they haven't gone.

picklemepopcorn Fri 20-Oct-17 09:48:05

You may be scrubbing with paper and have irritated yourself. Try and wait for evidence if you can!

FucksakeCuntingFuckingTwats Fri 20-Oct-17 09:50:26

Was it definitely thread worms to begin with and not a haemmorhoid? They can be really itchy.

Reastie Fri 20-Oct-17 10:45:02

Absolutely initially thread worms, I spotted two of them moving!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now