Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

nail / finger infection (pic)

(6 Posts)
Babytalkobsession Wed 18-Oct-17 11:58:33

Hello,

Any advice on what I should do about this? It's been about 7 days now, been soaking it occasionally, applying germoljne and covering it but it's not getting better

Some pus comes out when I squeeze. It's not unbearably painful, just a bit sore.

It's my 4th nail infection in 3 months! I do bite my nails but have done all my life and this is the first time I've been getting infections.

The other recent infections cleared up eventually but the nail peeled away from the base so they are in a mess. Hoping this one can be saved if I can clear this infection.

Do I need to see a gp? Thanks

Babytalkobsession Wed 18-Oct-17 11:58:54

Oops pic

bigfatbumfreak Wed 18-Oct-17 12:42:00

Get some mag phos paste or epsom salts soak.

BusterGonad Fri 20-Oct-17 17:09:41

You seriously need to stop biting your nails, that really is your main problem.

BusterGonad Fri 20-Oct-17 17:10:19

Sorry posted too soon, do what Big suggests also.

Tiddlywinks63 Fri 20-Oct-17 17:17:16

If it's paronychia then you need to see a pharmacist or GP and stop treating yourself, before it becomes a chronic condition. My mil had it chronically and lost all her nails as well as it looking incredibly painful and unpleasant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now