Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Baby only smiles for mum and dad

(3 Posts)
enidlowrij Tue 17-Oct-17 23:40:36

Hi my baby is 14 weeks old and for about 4 to 5 weeks now hes stopped smiling and talking to other people, he's never been babysat or fed by bottle so i am always with him but i do go to baby massage, sensory class, singing and rhyming and water babies classes.... alot of the reason i signed up for all these classes was because i keep myself to myself and im not much of a talker and i used to be very shy and also my husband also keeps himself to himself and is very weary of people. So i really wanted to break that cycle with baby, is it even possible to help baby be confident and sociable or is shyness just in their nature? Or could this be a phase? I worry sometimes that people esspecially my family think he just doesnt laugh talk or smile when to me hes constantly talking and smiling, he also talks and smiles with dad but he does watch him first also. He follows and stares at everyone hes been very alert since birth. Anyone else experience this? Is there anything i can do?

pastabest Wed 18-Oct-17 00:04:56

I don't think when my DD was 14 weeks she was even smiling at me and DP with any reliability.

Please don't worry about it just yet.

CoveredInFondant Wed 18-Oct-17 20:48:07

Your child isn't smiling

But he will. Chill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now