Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Something's wrong with my periods

(5 Posts)
AlyTab Tue 17-Oct-17 06:43:46

I would really appreciate any help on this if possible. I always have pretty regular periods with roughly the same heaviness and length of about 5/6 days. It's been 3 months in a row now but I don't know when to go to the GP about this.

The first month it was about 2 weeks late, but it eventually came and was my regular heaviness and length. The next month, it was only a few days late but it was very light. I didn't even really need a pad it was that light. It last 2 maybe 2 and a half days, with hours inbetween actual bleeding. This month I haven't gotten it at all.

Just to be clear, there's no way that I could be pregnant. I am also of a healthy weight and haven't drastically lost/gained any weight but I have gained a bit of weight over the past few months? Nothing major though. I also am not eating any more or less so don't know how to explain that. Any advice?

Middleageisshit Tue 17-Oct-17 07:48:12

Menopause age?

AlyTab Tue 17-Oct-17 07:52:36

Sorry forgot to mention no I'm 19 just about to turn 20.

user1471451159 Tue 17-Oct-17 07:54:27

It could be polycystic ovaries syndrome. This causes irregular periods. Mine started in the same way at around your age. It’s best to go and see your GP. Good luck!

AlyTab Tue 17-Oct-17 08:02:42

I was afraid of that, a friend of mine has it and she said that the symptoms sound similar. Thank you for the luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now