Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Diarrhoea after intercourse

(10 Posts)
namechange567765 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:31:33

Hello,

I didn’t want to put this in the Sex topic because I feel it’s more of a health thing then asking for sex advice.

The last two times I have had sex with my dp I have felt the need to go to the toilet after and once there I have quite a bit of diarrhoea. I don’t have any sort of tummy cramp or pain with it, it just happens and it’s very unlike me because I am normally on the other side of the spectrum with constipation.

The sex is normal vaginal intercourse, not especially hard or frantic. It can feel uncomfortable if I am on top sometimes which i put down to the coil. My dp is average in size so the size of him isn’t making me uncomfortable. I have been with him over a year and this is just starting to happen.

Yesterday I walked out the bedroom and diarrhoea just dripped down my leg? blush What is happening and why now?

Farahilda Mon 16-Oct-17 19:35:01

Go and see your GP.

Changes to bowel function is a symptom that needs investigation.

There is info on NHS pages, if you want to be forearmed for your appointment.

We can't diagnose you here.

namechange567765 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:38:01

Was just wondering if it had happened to anyone else? I did do some googling and it was pointing towards IBS but I don’t have any cramps/pain with it.

I will book an appointment with my gp tomorrow.

VikingVolva Mon 16-Oct-17 19:41:15

It doesn't matter whether it has happened to anyone else.

It's a significant change of bowel function for you, and it needs investigation.

TheQueenOfDuisburg Mon 16-Oct-17 19:49:18

I have IBS and chronic diarrhoea (bile salt malabsorption) but it has never leaked out as you describe, i can always control it.

I too think you should see your GP

DancesWithOtters Mon 16-Oct-17 19:54:55

Is anything about the situation/sex causing you anxiety?

namechange567765 Mon 16-Oct-17 20:11:06

No nothing about the sex is causing me to feel anxiety. It’s just strange how it has happened twice now after sex.

WhatsGoingOnEh Mon 16-Oct-17 20:13:34

How close together were the two bonks? Like, a day apart? Or more?

namechange567765 Mon 16-Oct-17 20:19:39

One was on Wednesday and the other was yesterday.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Tue 17-Oct-17 16:49:53

How old are you? Have you had kids? Rectoceole or similar?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now