Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Unusual discharge - help?!

(4 Posts)
lemureyes Mon 16-Oct-17 05:29:42

I am a little worried after noticing some unusual discharge after me and DH have had sex. It is yellow, almost green in colour and only appears after sex.

I am not experiencing any pain or itching whatsoever but it's just so odd that it only appears then. I am 11 weeks postpartum having had a vaginal delivery with some small tears.

I will be booking a doctors appointment next week anyway and I have read the nhs choices page on discharge but it doesn't seem to match any descriptions.

Anybody able to help me?

sadie9 Tue 17-Oct-17 10:15:20

I think I recall having something like years ago. It's like bright green/yellow nearly luminous like a highlighter marker. The GP did do some swaps and mentioned something about a 'staph' infection, some bacteria we all have but sometimes it kicks off. Not sure if I got antibiotics or maybe there was no treatment, I can't remember, sorry! But it wasn't anything extremely dangerous from what I remember.
I'd say you only see it after intercourse because it's high up.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 17-Oct-17 10:21:01

I'd see someone sooner rather than later.

lemureyes Wed 18-Oct-17 12:34:36

Thank you 😊

I have booked an appointment at the doctors so all will be sorted soon. Just wanted to see if people had anything similar and knew what it was.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: