Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fluctuating temperature for nearly a week

(5 Posts)
upsidedownfrown Sun 15-Oct-17 17:47:45

Hi all, I know there's many bugs going round at the mo so wondered if this sounded familiar to anyone or warranted seeing gp if it went on much longer.

On Wed I kept having hot flushes..I'd feel like I was boiling up from the inside, then it'd pass after 20mins or so. It continued like that so this weekend I've been taking my temp every hour. When I'm not feeling all hot, temp is fine but when I am feeling hot its up at 38c. My normal temp is around 36.6.

It's also progressed to feeling really dizzy with each hot flush and all weekend I've felt wiped out. Just had a 2hr nap.

I'm early 30s, no changes to contraception or anything. Just getting really fed up with feeling yuk but not having anything particular wrong me.

tobee Sun 15-Oct-17 18:02:23

I think it is a bug. Dh has had a cough and sore throat for a few weeks. I haven’t. I’ve just had this wiped out feeling and headache and feel hot but not taken my temperature. I’ve had this a few times in the past. It’s particularly annoying as it comes and goes and I think I’m over it, then it returns.

I always assume I’m just fighting off the virus; not coming down with anything just threatening to.

verbaIkint Mon 16-Oct-17 08:52:49

I think I have similar. I got it last year, there's nothing to put your finger on except exhaustion and that something isn't quite right. Same with the odd temperatures, hot flushes etc.
It does pass but it can take its time. I came on health to see if I was the only one suffering! flowers

MozzchopsThirty Mon 16-Oct-17 09:06:21

Why on Earth are you taking your temp hourly??? Even for ICU patients this is extreme, even on hourly observations you’d only normally do temp 4 hourly.

Of course it fluctuates, everyone’s does throughout the day and night.

I think you’re being very dramatic, put the thermometer down, take some paracetamol

upsidedownfrown Mon 16-Oct-17 10:50:46

I know I sound crazy mozzchops.... it was just out of curiosity as I was feeling like I was burning up and dh was messing about saying it was menopausal hot flushes but I was convinced it was a fever coming and going.

Def a fever coming and going. Its normal then when I took my temp next it would have shot up 1.5c then back down again. Far from normal fluctuations. Still feeling it today (haven't taken my temp today though) and all aches and pains everywhere. Odd virus thing this is.

Verbal hope u feel better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now