Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Norovirus??

(4 Posts)
Lisatpreschool Sun 15-Oct-17 15:06:12

I visited a local nursing home Friday morning with 4 children. By the afternoon 3 of the 4 children had severe diarrhoea and I was feeling nauseous and off food. By Friday evening I had severe diarrhoea, stomach cramps and a headache. Could this be a bug picked up from the nursing home, or is that too quick? We were there for a hour and the children had a snack and drink but I didn't.

dementedpixie Sun 15-Oct-17 15:09:31

I hope all of you haven't introduced the bug into the nursing home rather than you picking it up from them

NannyR Sun 15-Oct-17 15:11:43

That sounds too quick. I thought the incubation period for norovirus was 24-48 hours.

Silvercatowner Sun 15-Oct-17 16:16:26

I think there'd be vomiting with noro.

I hope all of you haven't introduced the bug into the nursing home rather than you picking it up from them

I'm sure the OP shares your hope. Wouldn't psychic ability be fantastic.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: