Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rib pain

(7 Posts)
Storminateacup74 Sun 15-Oct-17 13:52:11

I have suffered from pain under my right boob along the rib cage for about 6 years. It is very intermittent comes about every 3 months for about a week. The pain is by no means severe but is like a dull Sharp ache and sometimes I can find the exact spot by pressing on it. There is no rhyme and reason to when it comes. Have been to GP and he diagnosed costocondritis. Just wondered if anyone else suffers with this and knows what causes it. Thanks

IHeartDodo Sun 15-Oct-17 13:59:55

I had this as a teenager on and off for a couple of years.
Looked up what "costochondritis" means and it's literally "pain in the muscles between the ribs"...lol
I grew out of it (it can apparently be due to growing pains), so have nothing helpful to say really! How old are you?
If you suspect it's something else it might be worth getting a second opinion.

Paddington68 Sun 15-Oct-17 14:16:30

It could be gallstones. See your gp, but nothing to worry about.

gamerchick Sun 15-Oct-17 14:17:37

Do your bras fit properly?

MsP0b Mon 16-Oct-17 17:55:18

I’m just back from the GP with this and I have a thread going about it over in Pregnancy.

However it’s apparently not fully pregnancy related.. someone left some great advice for me over there about stretches and alignment of hips and stuff. Check it out, the thread is called Sharp Pain in the ribs anyone?

Storminateacup74 Tue 17-Oct-17 19:49:45

Thanks for your replies. I have wondered about gallbladder pain but the pain is painful but by no means severe and not accompanied by any type of digestive pain or trips too loo etc. It feels like a sprained ankle but in the ribs. But I cannot work out what causes It each time it just appears at random times. Seems bettor when I am active and busy than just sitting still and usually better in the morning's. I do wonder about my bra as haven't been properly measured for years and I am fairly big breasted but quite slim. I usually go to primark but have made an appointment at m and s to be measured properly. Thanks for your advice last poster I have found your thread on the pregnancy board and taken the advice on board. When I was a teenager i had issues with posture so could be to do with that as well.

Natsku Tue 17-Oct-17 19:53:25

I've had costrocondritis, was pretty severe for me but it went away by itself after a few months. As far as I remember the doctor said there wasn't much to be done about it, its just one of those things, and to take painkillers when its bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now