Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bartholins Cyst

(2 Posts)
teaandcakeat8 Sun 15-Oct-17 08:29:18

I've been referred by my GP to gynaecology as I have a suspected cyst on one of my bartholin glands. It's not infected (no general pain and I don't feel unwell) but is making sex impossible.

Wondered if anyone has seen or had this before as I'm struggling to find any info on what might be the outcome? I've got a quick referral and appointment in a couple of weeks.

Melsop Mon 16-Oct-17 22:25:10

Hi, I have never had one (I am a bloke!) but I was a theatre nurse so have certainly seen a few of them in the past. The gynaecologist might decide to take a biopsy of it or may not (depending on how it appears). Unless it is really bothering you, some self care measures will be advised. One option is having it removed in theatre- really simple procedure. They can come back though. Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now