Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Low amniotic fluid

(2 Posts)
RELIANT82 Sat 14-Oct-17 20:19:54

Hi, I'm just 37 weeks and for the last two weeks I've measured with low AFI at 7.2 and 7.7 cms. I had a blip of low fluid 8 weeks or so ago and then measured normal again in between. The doctor I saw last week said I'm to have another scan for fluid incl a growth scan Tuesday coming and if it's still low then we have a conversation about "starting me off". Baby is fine size wise and still moving well etc. I think I'm having a little panic about being induced as my mum didn't have a very positive experience with me (I know that was some time ago :-)) . Has anyone had experience of being induced a bit early and/or low fluid and what happened in your situation? Thank you

Brienne Wed 18-Oct-17 10:07:45

Hi, I was induced at 38 weeks for low amniotic fluid. I had a 23 hour Labour with an epidural and a healthy 8lb 6 oz baby! 😊
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: