Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can I see a doctor about a Wart on forearm, contagious to newborn

(8 Posts)
Camellapella Fri 13-Oct-17 00:05:09

Few months ago what I think is a wart appeared on my forearm, I haven't took much notice and thought it would just go away. Caught it earlier and it bled a little and is a little sore now. I'm also 37 weeks pregnant and have read I can't use over the counter treatments and I would really like it gone before the baby arrives in fear of it being contagious. Also now that it is open as I caught it I'm worried it can spread more on my body. Would it be reasonable to see a doctor about it?x

Camellapella Fri 13-Oct-17 14:06:43

Bump

Pippioddstocking Fri 13-Oct-17 14:09:31

There is nothing unfortunately that a GP could do to treat the wart , especially on an arm . Are you sure it's not a molluscum as unusual to get a wart there .

Camellapella Fri 13-Oct-17 14:15:00

Yes I just googled and think it's actually a molluscum! How are these caused? I have just read something regarding sti however I have had all negative results during pregnancy? Also worried this is going to spread to other parts of my body now. Can it be treated. I am quite self conscious of it!

MissConductUS Fri 13-Oct-17 14:32:36

Can it be treated. I am quite self conscious of it!

Of course it can be treated. A dermatologist can freeze them off with liquid nitrogen. It's a common office procedure.

Good luck with the baby. smile

IamImportantToo Fri 13-Oct-17 14:44:32

It isn’t unusual to get these in pregnancy. Your immunity naturally drops. I had one appear on my ankle during the my second pregnancy. Couldn’t treat it although i dont see why you cant freeze it off but anyhow...

Anyway it disappeared shortly after i had my baby

knottybeams Fri 13-Oct-17 14:46:52

Having caught it is probably as good a treatment as anything if it is molluscum. See how it settles, no one would recommend putting anything on it after it's just bled anyway.

Camellapella Fri 13-Oct-17 17:17:31

Thank you all for replying, actually now I know what it is think I have one in the fold between my bum cheek and thighhmmalways thought it was a skin tag and not easy to have a good look down there, going to go the doctors first thing Monday just because I'm paranoid of it spreading! Also would I be best keeping it covered with a plaster? I read not to share baths and wondering if when the baby's here, the spot would definitely reach bath water and contaminated it, could I cover it in cling film or something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now