Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Toothache/possible fractured cusp!

(1 Post)
youvegottobekidding Thu 12-Oct-17 19:34:58

So, about 5 days ago, while I was eating, I realised a bit of my tooth (upper right back) had come away, it's got a huge filling in it, been in for a long long time. Didn't feel any pain & googled what it could be & the nearest thing I think it can be is a fractured cusp.

However, over the last two days, it's been painful. I've contacted my dentist who can only fit me in on Tuesday at the earliest. DH says I should just get it pulled out!! He says the tooth is more or less just a filling now - I was due to have some treatment on it around 8 months ago but with one thing & another I didn't get round to it, so he says rather than having to pay for anything expensive have it pulled out, it won't be noticeable!

Anyway, it's hurting now, but it also feels like my cheek is hurting to, like under my eye. I've had sinusitis before so I'm really hoping I'm not beginning to get a bout of that on top of this!

Any tips for toothache remedies greatly appreciated!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: