Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pressure headache, blocked ears, sore neck

(8 Posts)
Gracielaw Thu 12-Oct-17 08:18:33

This is been on going for a few days and whilst tolerable completely miserable. Has anyone had this sort of thing before ?

JeremyCorbynsBeard Fri 13-Oct-17 17:07:39

I have a headache, face pain and blocked ears. It feels like the start of a cold but has been going on for 3 days now.

Are you feeling any better today?

Freezingwinter Fri 13-Oct-17 17:08:41

Is it a cold type virus?
Try paracetamol, ibuprofen and sudafed (but only for a day), a hot bath, some Vicks and a good meal and sleep if you can?

TheVanguardSix Fri 13-Oct-17 17:09:56

I had this for a full week. I recovered about a week ago but the relentless headache was awful. Nothing seemed to relieve it. My neck was stiff and I had a sore throat as well.

Clutterbutter Fri 13-Oct-17 17:10:39

I have this. Every step hurts. Moving my head downwards hurts, I yelped doing that yesterday. Whatever it is, I wish it would pass. Paracetamol isn’t touching it, it feels like pressure.

Fluffybrain Fri 13-Oct-17 17:15:20

Ive had a blocked ear for over 2 weeks now. I've got an appt to have it syringed next week. My sinuses are also quite blocked. I get sinus problems every time I have a cold and decongestant tablets don't clear it. I have a new electric facial steamer arrived today. It's for face and sinuses. I put a few drops of aromatherapy oils in it eucalyptus, marjoram, etc that my qualified friend mixed fit me. It smells lovely and has cleared me a bit. I'm going to use it several times a day.

spookshowbaby Fri 13-Oct-17 21:54:23

Hey guys thanks for all the replies. I actually went to the doctors this morning as it's my 9th day - the headache had subsided but I though I better go anyway as it's the weekend.
She said it's most likely stress and checked everything out, and to see the dentist too as I might be clenching/grinding my teeth.
After I came out everything seemed to disappear and but this evening all o have is a sore neck, been using deep heat patches on it and feels a bit better.
Hope you all feel a bit better soon !!!

ANIDOO Fri 13-Oct-17 22:19:18

I get this a lot, particularly the neck and headache part! Feels like a helmet that's too tight! When mine gets bad, I go for a massage, and ask them to focus on my neck. It's always cleared up after that for me! A nice microwave wheat pack helps too.
Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now