Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Teething or poorly baby help please!?

(3 Posts)
Kjaynewal Thu 12-Oct-17 04:03:17

So two weeks ago I took my 9m daughter to the doctors with a chesty cough, runny nose and she had an infection and we came away with some antibiotics. A week later she was no better so I took her back and she was checked over and the doctor said there was no sign of infection although he wouldn't be surprised if she was teething. He was right and both her top teeth are coming through. This past week she has been up all hours in the night, still coughing and chesty and snotty and is now not eating or even drinking her milk just having the odd bit of water, she's also very tired and not her usual self through the day. Tonight she was feeling very walm and had a temp of 38.8 and had a fast heart rate, I gave her some calpol and an hour later has gone down by 0.1c. She is also sleeping a lot better tonight and has only been up once. As always when in doubt I have taken to google to see what is normal for teething but all websites say different, some says normal and some says over 38 is a virus/infection, i don't know whether another trip to the doctors is needed and also it's only my 2nd day back at work so I don't want to make a bad impression.

endofthelinefinally Thu 12-Oct-17 04:32:06

I think you should call the out of hours service in your local area and they will talk you through her symptoms.
They will want to know whether she is drinking, how many wet/ dirty nappies in the last 24 hours, how fast she is breathing, what her temperature is and what medication she has had and when.
They will be able to advise you.

Picassopilot Thu 12-Oct-17 06:57:18

Definately a trip to the drs again.

Teething makes babies grumpy and dribble etc, but doesn't give them rapid heart rate and a temperature.

I know how hard it is to juggle work and poorly babies, but your baby has to come first.

Good luck and let us know what the dr says

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now