Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Colposcopy

(4 Posts)
Mrspig86 Wed 11-Oct-17 17:57:41

Hello,

I've just been for a colposcopy after being referred by my GP a week ago. I'm panicking now though because the doctor doing it said there was more than one area that turned white. I had a negative smear test only in August and have never had a dodgy smear. I'm terrified it might be cancerous cells. And waiting weeks for the biopsy results is going to be awful. Has anyone ever been panicking about this too?

Pannalash Wed 11-Oct-17 18:19:24

Do you mind me asking why you were referred for colposcopy?

Pannalash Wed 11-Oct-17 18:32:44

Did you have the test done at the women's health department of your Hospital? In my experience they're incredibly helpful and supportive and I'm sure they'd be prepared to answer any questions you may have. Wishing you all the best.

Mrspig86 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:34:43

Hi, I had been having some light blood stained discharge the day after sex. No other symptoms. I'm just really panicky about this which I know doesn't help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now