Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do you have achy boobs?

(12 Posts)
Rachie1986 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:25:24

Before anyone comments, yes I will ask my Dr, I know you are not professionals, I'm just wondering if it's common!

Recently (last month or so?) I've had very achy boobs. I do remember having it at points in the past, but not how I fixed it. I did have lumps about 10-12yrs ago, scans and biopsy showed harmless (layman's terms by Dr was breast mice).

I can't feel any new lumps. Things feel fairly normal, although I wondered if a bit thicker (but I am a worrier). I just found today when DAD cuddled up and put her head on the side of me it really hurt the side of my breast, and I wasn't sure if that's just normal!

No other symptoms, very tired (always), a bit achy at times, otherwise normal (whatever normal is!).

On pill - not pregnant (get that out there now!)

Rachie1986 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:26:16

DAD = DD (age 3). Or that would be weird!

Kenworthington Mon 09-Oct-17 21:28:59

Yes I do. Mostly in the left one. It's kind of a throbbing ache. I have been to the gp she said mine was mastalgia? Which is a nothing diagnosi of pain in boob! She says it's common at my age (42) but I think I was about 38 or so when I went to ask about it

Rachie1986 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:31:08

Interesting. I'm early 30s. Thanks for replying :-)

WealdenFlowers Mon 09-Oct-17 21:51:18

Mine are throbbing at the mo. But I'm 46 and period over a week "late"sad . menopause here I comeshock

Tatiana1986 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:58:46

You could be pregnant though as no contraception method is 100% effective. Just saying.

OlennasWimple Mon 09-Oct-17 22:02:51

Wrongly fitting bra?

DubiousCredentials Mon 09-Oct-17 22:05:25

Get it checked out if you’re worried. I did and have found great relief since taking a high strength evening primrose oil and starflower oil. Look for the GLA levels in the ones you buy. The higher the better.

Intomyarms Mon 09-Oct-17 22:05:29

I often get this. Sometimes it is before I get my period. Sometimes I can't find any reason for it but my breasts feel heavy and achy. My legs often feel the same.

Ohyesiam Mon 09-Oct-17 22:43:46

Evening primrose oil, and completely sorting my diet out really worked for me.

chocolatespiders Mon 09-Oct-17 22:47:39

Yes I have an ache in my right one which comes and goes it's like a sharp throb. I am 41 not had it checked but will.

Rachie1986 Tue 10-Oct-17 07:39:28

Thanks everyone. Will mention it when I'm at drs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now