Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Whiplash from fall?

(2 Posts)
Sweetpea302 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:57:38

I slipped backwards in the kitchen towards the end of last week and hit my lower back against the worktop. Because the worktop broke my fall (!!!) I didn't hit my neck or head, but have had lower skull and neck pain since it happened. I also have a particularly sore spot behind one of my ears - it feels like there's a lump there, but I wasn't in the habit of memorising my skull shape before the fall so it could have been there all along!

Does anyone have any experience of head and neck pain after a fall when neither of those things made contact with anything? I really don't want to visit a GP unless absolutely necessary. I have CFS and fybromyalga anyway, so tend to do my best to ignore the random aches and pains that I get, but this feels like it's connected to the fall rather then my general rubbish health iyswim?

MollyHuaCha Mon 09-Oct-17 19:18:26

Try a chiropractor maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now