Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

thyroid nodules / cysts

(2 Posts)
tuscanrose Mon 09-Oct-17 15:00:13

Does anyone have any experience of these? I have one which is nearly 4cm (mainly cystic). It has been deemed non-suspicious after scans and a biopsy so I've been advised to leave it. The problem is, it's rather big and although people say it's not particularly noticeable, I can see it and feel it, particularly when I swallow. If I want it removed then the left thyroid lobe has to come out with it, which is why my consultant would rather leave it. Apparently most people can manage well with half a thyroid but it's still rather a drastic thing. Thoughts welcome!

AccrualIntentions Mon 09-Oct-17 15:03:20

I have similar but slightly smaller. I don't like it, because I can see the lump if I stretch my head back, but decided to leave it be unless it started to really affect me. A relative recently had part of their thyroid removed for something else, and the scar is quite noticeable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now