We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Day 8 of migraine!!! Help!!!

(12 Posts)
Twopeapods Mon 09-Oct-17 14:59:43

I started getting a headache over a week ago, pretty constant and not unbearable. I was taking paracetomel without much effect. Saturday night it went full blown within 10 minutes. Agony in my head, neck and jaw. I was slurring, and couldn't walk. I have never had a migraine like this before. I took my migraine stuff from doctor (from last episode of migraine over a year ago) and two solpadol and went to bed. I slept for about 13 hours and woke with a mild headache. And all day today I still have a headache. Does this sound right for migraine? I've never had anything like this.

BritInUS1 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:04:48

If you have had a migraine for that long you need to go to the doctors - get an emergency appointment. Nobody here can diagnose you x

2014newme Mon 09-Oct-17 15:05:26

Go to Dr.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Mon 09-Oct-17 15:07:06

That’s far too long. You must be on your knees by now 😮
Go to the OOH today, don’t wait any longer.

AllTheWhoresOfMalta Mon 09-Oct-17 15:11:52

I've had migraines like this. Sumatriptan saves me and amitriptyline as a preventative every day. You need to visit your GP and discuss your options.

Twopeapods Mon 09-Oct-17 15:12:18

I've just phoned but it's a bank holiday here so it's closed until tomorrow. I'm just worried it gets as bad as it did the other night. If I had someone to take me in I would have went in then. I just don't want an OOH GP to think silly woman why you taking up an emergency appointment for a headache. I had that before getting a telling off by them. (I had sepsis btw and barely ever go to doctors).

Twopeapods Mon 09-Oct-17 15:13:04

Yes it's sumatriptan that I have here. Didn't dent it:-(

Dippingmytoesin Mon 09-Oct-17 15:18:50

Could you describe it as 'the worst headache you've ever had' ?
8 days is a long time and if it's seriously debilitating please go to a&e.

I do have migraine 'hangovers' but nothing ever lasts this long for me

Twopeapods Mon 09-Oct-17 15:34:20

Dipping Saturday night was literally the worst headache I e ever had. I couldnt walk, lift as my arms were so heavy and neck was so sore. I'm definitely not like that now. Just tired with a normal kind of headache. I was thinking of going to A&E but our kids were in bed and I couldn't have driven. I just went to bed with a sick bucket.

Dippingmytoesin Mon 09-Oct-17 15:38:18

If that happens again, please go to a&e.
You 100% need a drs appointment though. I hope you feel better soon migraines are horrific

Twopeapods Mon 09-Oct-17 15:44:32

Do you know what A&E would do? Or what the doctor would do? I'll make an appointment tomorrow anyway.

Dippingmytoesin Mon 09-Oct-17 16:44:58

It depends, I was sent for an MRI with mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now