Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What can I do about dizziness?

(3 Posts)
poppym12 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:43:25

Been having dizzy spells for a couple of days and feeling pretty crap even when sitting still at the moment.
I recall being given something by the gp a couple of years ago for the same problem but I can't remember the name of it and ideally it needs to be something I can buy otc.
Any ideas please?

Bluesheep8 Mon 09-Oct-17 13:18:14

Hi, I'd recommend seeing your gp-could be vertigo or an inner ear infection. I've had stemetil (sp?) prescribed before but I imagine you could get something for motion/travel sickness over the counter which might help

poppym12 Mon 09-Oct-17 16:01:09

That was it, stemetil. I was at the docs on friday for my flu jab but the dizziness hadn't started then. I do have some stugeron travel sickness pills so I'll try those and if it hasn't gone within a few days I'll try to get a gp appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now