Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Need a number two (TMI ... sorry)

(5 Posts)
lavalamp08 Mon 09-Oct-17 08:13:54

For the past few days I've really needed to go to the toilet for a number two and it's just not happening. It just feels too big to get out

Any tips?

I'm 15 weeks preggers and noticed a change already

Thanks

DubiousCredentials Mon 09-Oct-17 09:15:02

If you can feel it there ready to come out then try glycerine suppositories. About £2 for a box. They will soften what’s there and it will pop out nicely. Then you need to address the situation long term either through diet or regular medication such as lactulose, assuming it’s safe to use during pregnancy. Ask your gp. Good luck!

PickAChew Mon 09-Oct-17 09:17:04

Yy to the suppositories. They'll help you not to do any damage down there by straining, too.

sadie9 Mon 09-Oct-17 10:44:48

Also if you pop your feet up on something low, so that your knees are a bit higher than your bum. Instead of straining, you can clench and unclench your bum as if trying to stop a fart.

bedtimestories Mon 09-Oct-17 10:52:59

Also try a bath for immediate release. I took lactulose through both my pregnancies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now