Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Belly Button

(4 Posts)
PhantomBlooper Sun 08-Oct-17 22:01:19

This is gross...I'm sorry.

Tonight my belly button has been itching. Scratched it and it's started bleeding and the itching has gotten worse.

I have quite a deep 'innie', if that's of any relevance.

I've been run down lately with a cold and my eczema has flared up. Never have I ever had it in my belly button, though. Could it be some sort of infection? Has anyone had this before?

I'm going to wash it and dry it as best I can, but I'm wondering if I can, or should, use any cream on it to try and stop the itching? Would talc do it?

Now I've scratched it, the itching is unbearable!

dementedpixie Sun 08-Oct-17 22:03:50

I stuck sudocrem in mine when it gets sore and smelly. Don't use talcum powder as it just makes a paste

chloesmumtoo Mon 09-Oct-17 18:16:25

Yes it is an infection of some sort, I remember having it once and the doctor gave me a cream to use but can't remember what cream as it was so long ago. Just googled to see what they say today and apparently it can be fungal, so if persistant you may want some advise on what to use from your gp.

PhantomBlooper Mon 09-Oct-17 21:29:26

Thank you!

It seems to have gone away this morning and isn't sore, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on with it!

Will keep an eye on it and get myself to the docs if it carries on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now