Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH ....bad breath [blush]

(12 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Sun 08-Oct-17 17:24:00

For the last few days DH has had that typical halitosis smell lingering around his general mouth area........not nice.

He's flossed loads, used Listerine but it's still there.

He's recently begun eating much healthier and has cut out all the crap......

He's never had bad breath before now!

What could it be?

CruzRamirez Sun 08-Oct-17 17:25:13

A dental problem?

ShatnersBassoon Sun 08-Oct-17 17:26:40

Is he a bit under the weather? Throat/nasal things can cause a nasty whiff.

Does he need a trip to the dentist? Bad tooth or gums.

PhelanGood Sun 08-Oct-17 17:26:48

You're pregnant!

BaconAndAvocado Sun 08-Oct-17 19:06:34

I immediately thought it might be a tooth ulcer but he said his teeth feel fine!

Haha I did have an extremely strong sense of smell during all my pregnancies but he had the snip a few years ago....

LegoCaltrops Sun 08-Oct-17 19:11:12

Has he got a sinus infection (apparently children absolutely stink when they get something lodged up their nose...)

Did he actually get his count checked after the snip, and again recently? I know someone who got pregnant after being sterilised. Apparently there's a theoretical possibility for it to reconnect. Just saying.

SummerKelly Sun 08-Oct-17 19:13:09

Tonsil stones?

SleepFreeZone Sun 08-Oct-17 19:20:34

My partner's breath smells if he hasn't eaten for ages. Also if he drinks coffee and doesn't eat for ages 😬

BaconAndAvocado Sun 08-Oct-17 20:44:04

Lego you're frightening me......I'm 48 and tired most of the time as it is!

SleepFree yes! He hasn't been eating half as much as he normally does and drinks coffee. Your theory is so. Uch more attractive than Lego's

Diamond25 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:08:01

People on the Atkins diet can get bad breath. Maybe it’s because he’s dieting.

PandorasXbox Tue 10-Oct-17 11:13:08

Tonsil stones
Post nasal drip
Acid reflux
Bad tooth
Gum disease

All of them can cause bad breath.

Fluffybrain Wed 11-Oct-17 14:49:45

Yes probably the change in diet. Tell him to drink water regularly. CB12 is the best mouthwash out there for bad breath. It works. It's expensive but you can get it on offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now