Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Foot/ankle pain over last few months

(1 Post)
keeponkeepinon Sun 08-Oct-17 16:40:54

It comes when walking and goes after I stop and rest. It radiates around on the top of my foot and around my ankle. I only noticed it starting earlier this year and it so happens to be the time I started living in my converse. I do pronate a bit but it's never been a problem. I also think I used to lace them a bit tight because of how they sat. Could this be some kind of tendinitis? How do I go about getting rid - I am wondering about some kind of insole for a while. I remember as a child I was told to circle my ankles for exercise. Maybe I just need to work on strengthening the arch? I'm not wearing the converse any more but it still aches whether in my work flats or dm flora boots. Both otherwise comfy shoes and just what I tend to wear most at the moment. I don't want to rush to the docs if it's just one of those things but it doesn't seem to be going away. Interestingly, I recently went to a wedding and wore some low heels and I don't remember any pain at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now