Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I’ve found a lump on the roof of my mouth...

(15 Posts)
WishICouldBeCareFree Sun 08-Oct-17 12:33:08

I noticed it a few days ago. No idea if it’s new or not. Is it likely to be anything worth worrying about?

WishICouldBeCareFree Sun 08-Oct-17 12:52:00

?

poisonedbypen Sun 08-Oct-17 12:55:01

Maybe visit the doctor? How would we know?! confused

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 08-Oct-17 12:56:12

Not necessarily anything to worry about but these things always need checking out - make a dentist appointment and make sure you tell them what it's about so you don't have to wait months for a routine appointment.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 08-Oct-17 12:57:24

Singularly apt name you've got there poisoned.

WishICouldBeCareFree Sun 08-Oct-17 12:58:14

Maybe someone on here has had something similar in the past and can provide some insight. I’ve got a dental appointment booked in a week but thought I’d ask on here first. Finding any strange lump can be worrying so I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of wherether or not this is likely to be anything serious.This is the “general health” board after all. There’s no need to be so harsh.

WishICouldBeCareFree Sun 08-Oct-17 13:00:28

Thanks BoreOfWhabylon

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 08-Oct-17 13:02:00

Ignore poisoned OP.

There are lots of possible causes and you've done the right thing by making a dentist appointment. They are the experts flowers

StevesFlappyCap Sun 08-Oct-17 13:02:56

Op I had similar and panicked a bit. Is it painful and or moveable?

WishICouldBeCareFree Sun 08-Oct-17 13:03:28

It’s not painful or movable.

Changebagsandgladrags Sun 08-Oct-17 13:07:35

I get one from time to time. A hard almost bony lump.

I sometimes get it if I've eaten something hard like boiled sweets.

I think it's called a torus something or other

StevesFlappyCap Sun 08-Oct-17 13:09:06

That's good. There's sth to do with our palet- not an expert - but you can get these little lumps and they're just benign. But like others have said best get checked out. Mine was Torus Palatinus (not painful, not moveable) but did freak me out at the time. Like others have said though, best to get checked out anyway flowers.

Ansumpasty Sun 08-Oct-17 14:36:25

I get them when I'm run down, always have done!

WishICouldBeCareFree Sun 08-Oct-17 16:02:10

Really hoping it’ll just go away in the next few days and then I can stop this worrying 🙏🏻

poisonedbypen Sun 08-Oct-17 20:18:47

My apologies, OP, but I struggle to understand why people ask such things on here - I know you are looking for reassurance because you are anxious, but a doctor or dentist can take a look & know in seconds whether it is anything to worry about, whereas we don't have a clue! Please try not to worry & get it looked at ASAP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now