Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hysteroscopy tomorrow

(5 Posts)
namechange4now Sun 08-Oct-17 10:36:50

Hi on thursday I was booked in for a hysteroscopy early monday morning. Low and behold on friday morning my wonderful body decided to give me a period!!!

I have tried all the numbers on any appointment letters I have to try and discuss what I should do eg. Cancel and rearrange. Wait and see if I go off(periods are sometimes only 2 days) etc. I have been unable to speak to someone about it because all the numbers seem to be to simply cancel the appointment.

I have the appointment at 9.30 in the morning. So I am going to have to just turn up and tell them.

Has anyone had the same happen? It does say on the info pack that it MAY not be possible if I am bleeding but it doesn't so its impossible.

I am booked in for a sample of the womb and polyp removal.

I'm hoping it will be a short monthly and by the morning it will be very light or will have stopped but at the moment I am stressing incase they turn me away and I should of just cancelled so someone else could have the appointment.

Thanks

LuluJakey1 Sun 08-Oct-17 10:59:10

They will most likely go ahead if your period isn't heavy. That is what they told me anyway when I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy for the same reasons as you. My period was due a few days later and started the day after. I thought I wouldn't have it but the consultant said it was normal and had probably been prompted by the hysteroscopy.

namechange4now Sun 08-Oct-17 11:32:57

Ok thanks Lulu, I hope all was ok.

The thought of me still bleeding while they do it may be grossing me out a little but I would rather they just get it out of the way tbh, its all happened so quick from the first blood test through to this.

What did you do..you know..on the day?? Gosh I don't know how to word it!

PollyPerky Sun 08-Oct-17 17:53:10

It won't be an issue. If you are lying down, which you will be, they may clean you up anyway so the scope is sterile when they put it in. Once the scope is in, the blood won't be able to flow out as it will be blocking the entrance to your cervix!

PollyPerky Sun 08-Oct-17 17:56:51

The scope is a tiny tube about 2-3mm diameter. It will be easier to insert as your cervix will be open due to your period. The whole thing should take no more than 10-15 minutes if it all goes well. The biopsy may feel like a tiny nip, but no worse than a smear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now