Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please please donate blood. xx

(13 Posts)
mumski Sat 07-Oct-17 22:50:38

My lovely partner as been in hospital for 6 weeks and I have lost count of the number of blood transfusions he has had. He has finally had the operation he desperately needed and everything crossed will be home and recovering soon. I can't thank enough all the people who donate blood which saved him. If you don't or were told years ago you were not suitable please do try to donate. The rules have changed and you may save someones life. We are hoping to get married next year after many years together.... but it wouldn't have been possible without all those amazing people. Thank you Thank you thank you xxxx

SarahBeeney Tue 10-Oct-17 13:37:14

Hope he gets better soon!
I donated blood about 6 months ago and I’m going again on the 19th. At my clinic they tell you which hospital your blood has gone to which is a lovely thing for the donor. flowers

seven201 Tue 10-Oct-17 14:59:28

What do you mean the rules have changed? I was recently told I can't donate blood (as I received it prior to a certain date). Thank you from me too as I've received 12 bags of blood and wouldn't be here if I hadn't received some of those. Hope your dp recovers well.

seven201 Tue 10-Oct-17 14:59:54

I don't know why I wrote recently! I meant in the past I have been told I can't donate blood!

PollyPerky Tue 10-Oct-17 16:58:57

The rules have changed re HIV. I can't donate as you have to weigh at least 50kgs and I'm a small person smile

Viserion Tue 10-Oct-17 17:04:30

I am a regular donor. My next appointment is tomorrow. smile

My blood is tagged to go to neonates though.

Hope your DP is recovering well.

Ollivander84 Tue 10-Oct-17 17:05:58

I can't donate but I wish I could. I do encourage other people to though and a lot of my friends do

Heratnumber7 Tue 10-Oct-17 17:11:04

My 47th donation is coming up. I preach to everyone about giving blood being almost a community duty.

Skyechasemarshalsfanmum Tue 10-Oct-17 17:34:21

I donate every 4 months. Unfortunately those who have recieved blood still cannot incase any one is wondering.

If you look online in scotland the scot blood website will give you the criteria and its the same as england and wales.

blankiesandunicorns Wed 11-Oct-17 17:43:53

I donated for the first time 2 weeks ago and will definitely keep doing it, an amazing thing to be able to do.

Hope you’re DP recovers well OP.

CalmanOnSpeeddial Wed 11-Oct-17 17:46:06

If you’re at Brentwood hospital that might have been mine. If so I hope it was yummy.

CoreyTaylorsMask Wed 11-Oct-17 17:59:31

I can't donate anymore as I received over 50 units when I had DC4. Thank you to all you lovely donors, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you.

LeonoraFlorence Wed 11-Oct-17 20:44:25

Thank you all from me too. Blood donations kept my Gran alive for many years longer than she would've had. Many treasured memories. She died a few weeks ago and we miss her so much sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now