Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tender cheekbone. Please help.

(8 Posts)
SweeeetDreams Sat 07-Oct-17 17:05:51

I’ve had a tender cheekbone for years. I can’t remember what caused it but it feels like I maybe bumped it at some point and it never fully healed so it’s always been slightly tender to touch. Nothing major though. It’s never worried me at all because I’ve had it as long as I can remember so I’m sure it can’t be anything untoward. Anyway, I have severe health anxiety and I’ve noticed the area is a bit more tender just now. I’ve quite possibly just bumped the area somehow (or been head butted by one of my dear children grin) so that could explain it.

Can anyone please reassure me that this is probably nothing to worry about because with my health anxiety being the way it is, I instantly start thinking along the lines of Tumor/Cancer etc and then convince myself I’m dying 😩🙈

Seriously need someone to give me a slap.

SweeeetDreams Sat 07-Oct-17 17:06:22

I’m only 26 if that makes any odds.

PatMullins Sat 07-Oct-17 17:07:40

I have this and I’m the same age as you.

Do you clench or grind your teeth?

SweeeetDreams Sat 07-Oct-17 17:08:43

I grind my teeth. Another anxious trait.

SweeeetDreams Sat 07-Oct-17 17:09:17

It’s right up just below my temple that the pain is.

SweeeetDreams Sat 07-Oct-17 17:09:47

Is it teeth grinding that causes it?

PatMullins Sat 07-Oct-17 17:25:28

I’m not sure to be honest it’s just something I’ve lived with rather than getting it checked out.

I also have anxiety and swing between clenching and grinding and I feel it’s particularly bad after a rough week.

SweeeetDreams Sat 07-Oct-17 17:55:46

If you’re having the exact same symptoms as me, the likelihood is, it’s the anxiety/stress and teeth grinding that’s causing it. I’m very stressed right now, moving house at short notice so lots to do and not much time. DH says my grinding has been worse lately (I do it in my sleep) so that explains it. Thank you, you’ve really put my mind at rest smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now