Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is wrong with my stomach?

(6 Posts)
pinkpolo Fri 06-Oct-17 20:56:00

I've had upper right and middle abdominal pain for 12 months. Always feel sick, tired, aching joints and muscle pain. Bloated stomach, sore mouth/ulcers.

I had my gallbladder removed 8 weeks ago as it was presumed to be the cause. I've recovered from surgery and still have these symptoms.

I'm seeing the surgical consultant again next week. Endoscopy failed today as I was too inflamed for them to get it down comfortably. Last 2 scopes (2014 & 2016) showed gastritis but no obvious cause.

What on earth could be going on?

pinkpolo Sat 07-Oct-17 20:48:32

blush

Fixmylife Sat 07-Oct-17 20:49:33

Coeliac disease been ruled out?

pinkpolo Sat 07-Oct-17 21:09:31

No it hasn't been suggested so thank you, I'll mention this!

Fairylea Sat 07-Oct-17 21:12:30

It’s a very long shot but have your cortisol levels checked as adrenal insufficiency, although rare, can cause a lot of those type of symptoms. I’ve been diagnosed with this just 2 weeks ago and I suffered with back pain and stomach pain for months beforehand.

overduemamma Sat 07-Oct-17 21:36:44

I'm having these problems and they've said to me I need my gallbladder removing. Need to lose 2 stone first though the other thought was that it maybe a stomach ulcer. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now