Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood test at 8am

(7 Posts)
Undercoverbanana Thu 05-Oct-17 22:55:20

Will they know I've downed a bottle of wine tonight?

So bored - couldn't help it.

BiscayTrafalgarFitzroy Thu 05-Oct-17 23:10:01

So what if they do? Are you not supposed to be drinking or something?

Undercoverbanana Thu 05-Oct-17 23:22:38

Just concerned that they will say - "ooohhhh - you need to cut back on the booze". This may be true but I have real concerns about my health which is the reason for the blood test. Tiredness, lack of concentration, weight gain, loss of speed, VO2 changes etc.

Worried I have screwed up the test with alcohol. Was bored as I couldn't run - injuries not healing (another shitty reason for shitty blood test).

MrsSkeletor Fri 06-Oct-17 00:25:41

You will likely still have alcohol in your system tomorrow so who knows what the tests will show. How do you expect to get accurate information about the concerns you are going in to find out about if you've messed around with your body chemistry? Postpone!

SerendipityFelix Fri 06-Oct-17 00:42:27

Agree that amount of alcohol will likely affect some of the bloods, especially if they’re running LFTs, so best to postpone.

Saying you’re worried you’ll be told to reduce alcohol intake sounds like you’re aware that it may be a problem for you. Drinking due to boredom isn’t a great sign to be honest. Most of those concerns you’ve listed wouldn’t be helped by alcohol either.

Sorry it sounds like you’re having a bit of a rough time of it, but probably best to rebook the bloods.

Fluffybrain Fri 06-Oct-17 04:41:04

What injuries do you have Undercoverbanana? Yes I would postpone.

Fluffybrain Fri 06-Oct-17 04:42:31

What injuries do you have Undercoverbanana? Yes I would postpone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now