Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful bubble like feeling on left side of chest

(8 Posts)
AltheaThoon Thu 05-Oct-17 13:45:53

I've had this sensation from being very young and i once read a thread here where people said they had the same and gave it a name, but i cant remember the name.

It feels like there's a bubble in the left side of my chest which hurts when i breathe. It usually only lasts minutes but I've had it on and off for four days this time. My anxiety is starting to kick in now which probably won't help matters.

Can anyone remember the name of it? I think it's something to do with intercostal muscles but I've googled and can't find it.

Thanks

CanadianCanoe Thu 05-Oct-17 14:14:54

Precordial catch syndrome?

Ohyesiam Thu 05-Oct-17 16:54:08

meteorism?

AltheaThoon Thu 05-Oct-17 20:29:12

yes, primordial catch syndrome was what i was thinking of. Thanks. Though I'm also going to Google meteorism which I've never heard of before!

LittleMouseontheDairy Fri 20-Oct-17 13:06:29

Weirdly, I came on to look up the same thing. I really did not think I would stumble on a thread about it though, it seemed a long shot!

I did not know it had a proper name, this is really helpful. I have been a bit anxious about it!

LittleMouseontheDairy Fri 20-Oct-17 13:08:36

Weirdly, I came on to look up the same thing. I really did not think I would stumble on a thread about it though, it seemed a long shot!

I did not know it had a proper name, this is really helpful. I have been a bit anxious about it!

LittleMouseontheDairy Fri 20-Oct-17 13:09:18

Sorry for double post blush

Janika Fri 20-Oct-17 13:14:35

I have that too! Very rarely and feels like a stitch in your heart. Horrible. So glad to see that it's "a thing" though and has a name -thought was a heart attack!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now